Lexus Tops J.D. Power Dependability Study for Fifth Year in a Row
At this point, no one should question the impeccable engineering of the luxury vehicles built by Lexus. They’ve been delighting drivers for well over a decade, and they’ve been outshining other models in industry analyses left and right. So it should come as little surprise that Lexus came out on top of J.D. Power’s latest study — the brand won the last four, after all.
J.D. Power just released its 2016 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study, in which the company requests feedback from many thousands of drivers and evaluates the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (or PP100). J.D. Power then assigns a PP100 score to various automakers in order to rank them: the lower the score, the better the quality and the higher the rank. This year, the brains behind the study incorporated feedback from 33,560 owners of 2013 model-year vehicles and grouped the 177 specific problem symptoms they heard about into eight different categories.
The industry average this year was 152 PP100. Lexus scored 95 PP100, which was way under the average and the lowest score of all nameplates studied. The brand also won big with segment honors for the Lexus ES and GS sedans, as well as the Lexus GX SUV. This is the fifth consecutive year that Lexus topped the dependability study, so it’s clear that the company knows how to construct a quality vehicle.
To find out what all the fuss is about and get a Lexus vehicle of your very own, visit our Lexus dealership near Fort Lauderdale, FL, and talk to a member of the JM Lexus team!
- Tune in to Lexus Channel L/Studio for Season Three of “It Got Better”
- Lexus Workers Apply the Perfectionist’s Touch to Fresh-Built Vehicles
- New Lexus 500h and 500 Coupe Share Stage at New York Auto Show
- Lexus Wins Big in 2016 KBB Brand Image Awards
- Lexus Launches Bracket Challenge for Men’s College Basketball Tournament
- Lexus Heading to Geneva Motor Show with New Lexus LC 500h
- 12 Finalists Announced in 4th Annual Lexus Design Awards
- Bolder and Brighter: 2016 Lexus ES Receives Boosts in Style and Safety
- Lexus Wins Again as J.D. Power’s Most Dependable Auto Brand
- Lexus Kicks Off the Holiday Season with Its Best-Ever November Sales