Lexus Wins Again as J.D. Power’s Most Dependable Auto Brand
If car shopping were like courtship, some auto brands would be fun to date, but not quite marriage material, while others might be reliable companions for life, but unlikely to sweep you off your feet. Not Lexus, though. The luxury brand continues to evoke passion in drivers while always being there as a dependable partner for their daily commutes.
Even as it has launched daring new vehicles like the RC coupe and NX crossover, Lexus has maintained its excellent reputation for reliability. It was recently named the top brand in the J.D. Power Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) for the fourth straight year. Within the individual vehicle segments of the 2015 VDS, the Lexus ES placed as the most dependable compact premium car, while the Lexus GX snuck past the Lexus RX as the highest-ranked midsize premium SUV.
J.D. Power determined its 2015 VDS rankings by calculating the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) for each auto brand and model. Asked about 177 problem areas in eight vehicle categories this past November and December, more than 34,000 owners of 2012-model-year vehicles were surveyed on their experiences from the previous 12 months. Lexus emerged as the clear brand winner with the lowest score of 89 PP100, putting the industry’s average of 147 PP100 to shame.
Whether you prefer a big, muscular SUV like the GX or a smooth, handsome sport sedan like the ES, the latest results from J.D. Power go to show that you can always count on the bold Lexus lineup to keep the flame burning and the engine running. Stop by our Florida Lexus dealership today, and let us set you up with your new partner in crime!
- Lexus Wins Big in 2016 KBB Brand Image Awards
- Lexus Tops J.D. Power Dependability Study for Fifth Year in a Row
- This Wintery Lexus NX Has Wheels and Tires Made of Ice
- Take Home the Redesigned 2016 Lexus RX Next Month!
- Lexus Tops BMW and Mercedes-Benz in Vehicle Registrations Through April
- Lexus NX Is Outshining the BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLK on the Sales Floor
- All-New 2016 Lexus RX Is Revealed with Bolder Style, Boosted Safety
- 2015 Lexus RX 350 Is Awarded for Family-Friendliness by U.S. News
- Lexus LF-SA Concept Will Be Bold, but Which Segment Will It Ignite?
- Sporty Lexus NX and RC Prove They’re Also Big on Safety