New Lexus 500h and 500 Coupe Share Stage at New York Auto Show
Lexus pointed the spotlight at two brand-new luxury vehicles at the Big Apple’s big car show, and they quickly became the talk of the day. The Lexus 500 coupe and its 500h hybrid counterpart were on display among the 21 Lexus models at the 2016 New York International Auto Show. Talk about a sight for sore eyes!
These cars may ring a bell for Lexus fans. The LC 500, Lexus’ flagship coupe, was already revealed to the public months ago, at the Detroit-hosted North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) last January, but the curtains were only raised on the LC 500 hybrid in March. However, the New York Auto Show is the first time and place that the two models have been on display together.
The new LC models are characterized by aerodynamic exterior design, a wide stance and innovative mechanical elements. The LC 500 is the first luxury automobile to sport a 10-speed automatic transmission. Combined with the driver-focused cockpit and the all-new, performance-boosting rear-wheel-drive luxury platform, it’s set to take your daily commutes to a whole new level. Meanwhile, the LC 500h was built with the world’s first Multi Stage Hybrid System. This hybrid powertrain was expressly designed for performance vehicles. It balances power with fuel consumption and aligns throttle inputs with engine speed. At the same time, M Mode, the first driver-activated gear shift offered on a full Lexus hybrid, puts you in control, allowing you to intuitively initiate gear shifts for a fun, high-octane driving experience.
What do you think about these attention-grabbing Lexus models? If you’re interested in taking them for a spin, stay tuned to find out when and how you can test-drive them at our Lexus dealership near Boca Raton, FL!
- Tune in to Lexus Channel L/Studio for Season Three of “It Got Better”
- Lexus Wins Big in 2016 KBB Brand Image Awards
- Lexus Launches Bracket Challenge for Men’s College Basketball Tournament
- Lexus Tops J.D. Power Dependability Study for Fifth Year in a Row
- Lexus Heading to Geneva Motor Show with New Lexus LC 500h
- 12 Finalists Announced in 4th Annual Lexus Design Awards
- Introducing the Brand-New Lexus LC 500 Coupe!
- All-New Lexus GS F Is Unleashed at Detroit Auto Show
- Lexus’ Bold Streak to Continue with New Track-Ready F Model in Detroit